Friday 9 January 2015

1960's Fashion

This project is about 1960s fashion with the outcome of recreating a look from the 60s but also giving it a modern day look to it. 

Research
To start off my project I created a mood board on the 1960s fashion, from this I gathered loads of different images of iconic figures of the era, colours and also styles and trends.


This then followed an in depth research on the Fashion in the 1960s, I looked into the trends of that era, the different styles of hair and make up that was worn. I then looked into present day designers who are replicating the style (e.g Valentino, Marc Jacobs) from the 60s for the upcoming spring/ summer collection of 2015 and previous seasons. 

Before starting my designing, I researched into patterns and prints of the 60s, so I could apply the research I found, to the prints of the clothing I will create. I got a lot of inspiration from 'Emilio Pucci' who was a huge fashion designer in the 60s and known for his vibrant prints and patterns. The prints I designed have very bold aesthetic and abstract shapes. In the 60s patterns tend to be copied repeatedly so attempted this with acrylic paints 

These are the design ideas I created, they have inspiration from the 1960s and also upcoming and trends of today. I then also designed what the make up would look like gaining a lot of inspiration from Twiggy's make up in the 1960s. 

Final outcome
For my final piece I created the look of design idea 3, the inspiration for this Photoshoot was a massive icon in the 1960s; 'Twiggy', the style I created was a 60s looks but also adding a modern day look to it. 
For the hair I created a bouffant which was a common hairstyle in the 60s, my model wore a geometric shirt but made the look more modern by wearing jeans, the make up was very natural apart from the eyes as this was the main focus point in the 1960s.

This is the final looks I created.


No comments:

Post a Comment