Wednesday 14 January 2015

Children's soft toy

For this project I was set the task of creating a children's toy which would also be educational for the child, my idea was to create a height chart for children aged 1- 4 years old, I researched into existing products to understand what worked well and what doesn't in a children's educational toy.

I created my design ideas where I designed various different children's toys, from these I developed my best ideas further and then narrowed it down to one design for my final design. I came up with the idea of creating a height chart not only was it educational but it was interactive with the child, they were able to move the arrow up and down, it was also easily compactable as it wrapped up into a bag to make it easy to travel with if needed. 

 
This is a diary of making of the stages I went through to create my educational height chart,  I used various different sewing methods such as appliqué,  I used interfacing to make the material thicker and easier to sew onto, I also ensured small elements such as buttons were sewn on securely for it not to be a chocking hazard.

This is my final product in the testing stage, I then interviewed the mother of the toddler to give feedback on what she felt was good and bad about the product. 


No comments:

Post a Comment